Saturday, November 6, 2010

Grandma's Barn

So early this fall we went to Bloomington and fixed up my Grandma Hart's old milk barn. She was so excited to get in painted, and requested I paint a design that faces the main road. I was so happy to do something like this. It made me feel so good to do something for her.

Up on the home made scaffold - painting away.
Nana keeping it real on the four wheeler
Mom and Jack on the swing
Grandma and I in front of the barn. Isn't she so cute?

The guys in there painting get-ups! They looked adorable. Jack kept calling Nick a ghostbuster


The final design. Of course it is not as perfect as I would like,but it is very cute. "Life is Good" is the line Grandma requested and it fits her attitude perfectly. One of the most memorable things about her house is the Boxelder tree in the back yard that has an old swing hanging from it. I have swung from it since I was a tiny girl. The symbol at the bottom with a heart and a four was my Grandpa Harts brand that was on his cattle. We now use this symbol on all the family reunion shirts, but have modified it to say "hart forever".

1 comments:

Hammers said...

I like this. I love the picture of your grandma and mom wheel'n away.