Monday, March 22, 2010

A New Job - Whaaa??

So we were just minding our own business and a new job opportunity for Nick fell out of the sky. There was an opening at Nick's company NAI for a new Information Director and they thought Nick would be great at the job. He has been working in brokerage (which requires good people skills) for years and is like a crazy good at working with information and computers. This job really calls for both these things...a tricky combo that Nick just happens to have. Yes folks, he working with both the right and left side of his brain! I suspect he is an evil genius. I think its really cool that they thought of him and realized how awesome he is.

It was actually a really tough choice for us to make. Although the economy hasn't been good as of late, he really did like working as a Real Estate Agent and has been at the same office for years. But they made us an offer we couldn't refuse, and with much thought and prayer we took the jump. He is still getting his feet wet but, so far so good. I feel really good about the choice and am really proud of Nick and so glad that other people see all the potential that I see in him too.


So my brother Nick, Erica and I wanted to do something special for him to celebrate his new job. We came up with a surprise party- with pizza and ice cream of course... I made a special sign and got some noise makers. Erica down loaded "For he's a Jolly Good Fellow" on her i pod, and they came up with a great little fist-pump dance move. When Nick W came in we jumped out and surprised him with our sweet moves. They got him a great business man pen and a sparkling drink so we could toast to the future ha ha. We are so cheesy but it was so fun. JackJack loved the noise makers and dancing. Congrats "Mr Business Man Wood"!

4 comments:

Hammers said...

I am glad everything is working out! Congrats to Mr. Business. You guys are so funny, making up fist pump moves! I want in.

Ashley said...

Fun party idea!!! Congrats to Nick!!! I wish we were at that point in life...I hate still being students....ugh!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

hee hee! That party was hilarious!! Congrats to Nick too...this job was meant to be for him I think.

markandaubrey said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you! What better way to celebrate than with a Coke!?!?!