Thursday, October 20, 2011

First Day of School!

I can't believe my little boy is THREE! He is getting so big. He just started preschool and loves it! He was so excited to go to school that he rolled down his window when we pulled into the parking lot on the first day and yelled out "Hello Everyone!!!". It is really going so well! I adore his teacher, school, AND MY NEW FREE TIME (whaaa?)!!

We hit a rough patch the second week of school. He (out of nowhere) decided that he didn't want me to leave him. He would beg me to take him home and try to run out of the room. It was awful!! He has never had a problem with me leaving him anywhere and NEVER acted like that before! I was totally not expecting it! Luckily his teacher is wonderful, she came out and told me that this happens with the kids all the time and the best thing for me to do was to just leave him. It was so hard to do but I just brought him to school crying about 5X in row. Each time I left I would play it cool to Jack, but go sit in my car and cry, it was so sad! But One day he went to class and said "I am going to be happy now" went in and told his teacher the same thing, and it has been a breeze ever since. It actually makes me think this exactly the kind of thing he needed to grow and get even more independent. I am so proud of my him.











Funny things he has been saying:

We were at Cherry Hill in the arcade area and Jack asked to play a game. I told him I didn't have any coins for him. He sees one of those games that is filled with gold coins and asks if we can use them. I told him that we can't use the coins because they are behind the glass. He says in his best tough pirate voice: "I know - I will "Hi-yah" the glass and get all the coins out!"

Nick and I noticed bite marks on Jack's bed.
me: "Jack did you bite your bed? You are a little beaver."
Jack: "Yeah, I totally BEAVED it."

A month after Nick and Erica moved away, I caught Jack in the laundry room all by himself, with the lights off singing to battery powered candles. "Happy Birthday to Erica" He told me he was having a party for her. How sweet is that?

Me: "Jack how come you are so cute?"
Jack: "Because I am..... I'm darling."

Jack is watching me open fortune cookies and read them out loud to him. He grabs a cookie, breaks it open, holds out the paper in front of him and says " You will beat the bad guys and move onto the next level!".



His new thing is pretending. Lately he has been insisting we sit in our dark laundry room with the lights out - his "haunted house". We have to talk in bad Russian accents (well me anyway..) And I call have to call him "Bubba-ga-noosh" I am "Goo-lawsh" and daddy is "Ba-booshka".




After staying at my mom's house while we were at Mexico, Jack comes home and asks me for a cookie. I say no - over and over. Finally he asks "mom will you pretend to be grandma?" I say sure. He says "NOW can I have a cookie?"

2 comments:

Nick and Erica Hart said...

I am seriously teary-eyed reading this post! What a big boy to just decide that he is going to be happy in preschool. I am so proud of him! And that is so cute that when he rolled down the window he was like "Hello Everyone!" That is totally a trait he got from you Emily! And the birthday party to me is the cutest of course and all those other things he said! I love it! The Fortune Cookie thing especially! How funny that to get a cookie you have to pretend to "be like grandma." Oh man--we miss that boy SO MUCH!

Hammers said...

Jackson is a hoot! I love this age! I am so glad he is loving preschool (for your sake and his). Before you know it he will be in Kindergarten! Yikes!