Monday, December 13, 2010

Natural Remedy

Hallelujah!! doTERRA oil! I would love to try other kinds as well - if anyone else knows about these tell me what other oils are good too!
My lovely tens unit and Salonpas patches

For any of you that may deal with chronic pain - I have a great discovery! My grandma Hart (of course) had me try a doTERRA oil for my back/neck/head aches. It is awesome! I can still feel the hurt muscles but it really helps with the tension! It can be difficult to figure out how to deal with daily pain and not take enough pills to kill a small horse. Which believe me I have experience with (and I have the stomach ulcers to prove it - thanks a lot IB profin.) It is very important to try to use as many natural options as possible. The hardest things for me are: sitting (movies, desk, church etc!), holding babies :( (which I refuse not to do), SLEEPING, and having a headache/backache most days. Yeah, I am pretty much uncomfortable all the time! Things that seem to help the most are:
  • "Past Tense" doTERRA oil
  • My tens unit!!!
  • Exercise, especially yoga
  • Salonpas patches (which actually are medicated)
  • Ice packs
  • Massage and Acupuncture (great but expensive and short term)

I actually don't like to write/talk about my issues that often because I don't want to focus on what is wrong with me - but I hope that if anyone is looking for some good ideas on how to feel better with what ails ya (especially if its chronic) that this might help. And honestly I hate to complain because I have so much to be grateful for! Thank goodness that the more active I am the better I seem to feel. What would I do if I couldn't run around and be able to enjoy life (just on less sleep, and with more pain ha ha) ?? But I see what others have to go through and I am so grateful for the parts of me that are healthy. :)

2 comments:

Hammers said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are finding things that are working for you. Now I am feeling bad for every time we have went to the movie together. Did you just want to slap me and say, "Not another movie!" I know you don't want a pitty party, but, poor Em. I'm sorry. You should talk Nick into taking massage classes. Then you could have your own personal masseuse. Eh?

Tiff and Trev said...

I had no idea!! Well, you are proof that you can be successful and happy even with chronic pain.

I love those Grandma Harts! I used to think all the oils and natural remedies were kind of off the wall...but some of the things actually work :o)!