Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crazy Christmas Time

The Amazing Adventures of our elf "Bobby the Bullet"

We just started using our ELF on the SHELF this year. So our elf watches Jack Jack all day then flies home to the North Pole at night to report to Santa how Jack is behaving. The fun part is every morning we get to find him in a new place in the house. He has also been bringing marshmallows back from the North Pole. So every day Jack comes down stairs calling "Bobby Bullet where are you?? - Oh there you are!". He then finds his treat and says "Thank you Bobby Bullet!!". It has been so fun, and I can't wait to do it every year.
A fun part of the tradition was to name our elf. I kept suggesting names to Jack all day to try to help him find the right name. I was shot down about a million times! Finally before bedtime I said "Jackson is your elf's name Bob?" he says "NO....... Its Bobby.....Bobby the Bullet." It was a riot - he was so serious, and it was great that he actually came up with it himself.
Oh Christmas Tree....

Our "beautiful tree" as Jack Jack would say.

Jackson's "special tree"
This is my favorite tradition that we have done with Jack so far. I grew up with real trees from the tree lot, and love the experience, smell and etc. So we all go to the lot and let Jack pick out his own tree to put upstairs. I have actually done this since he was 6 months old, the first time we went he was in a baby carrier :). I love to let him decorate it with our family and home made ornaments. Nick and I decided to also start buying a new ornament for each of us to add to the tree each year. So this tree certainly isn't as pretty as our other tree, but is definitely more "special".

This years picks. Nick: coke, Jack Jack: Ninja Turtle, Me: Robot (because it's awesome.)

Some treats I made this year. Oreo truffles (Nick's fave), Marshmallow Lollipops, Ginger Cookies

Jack was so funny at the tree lot, he was sad the man cut the lower branches off the bottom of his tree so we took one home and made a Charlie Brown tree.

We had Nick and Erica over for a hot chocolate and Carmel apple cider party. These pics of Jack and Auntie Erica are darling.


This is a cute pic from a photo shoot Nick did with Brandon's family. I love how it shows the craziness! We actually watched the kids while B & B went to Chicago for a weekend in mid Dec. It was wild to go from one kid to five but we managed! We made Christmas cookies, gingerbread houses and played. We love these kids.

1 comments:

Bryndie said...

Dont you just love the craziness of Christmas. I end up so stressed by Christmas Day. We do the elf on the shelf too, so fun for the kids. Our elfs name is Zeppe. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!