Nothing could possibly beat looking at this little guy asleep in his bed.
I have been thinking a lot about getting Jack ready for a new baby. He has been so sweet about the whole idea of being a big brother. He keeps saying how he is going to teach the baby how to do this and that. He also says he wants to share his bed and his blankets with him. I guess we will see about that when the baby actually gets here! The gap is a little big between the boys, but I can't imagine trading that time I have had with Jackson for anything. I have enjoyed him so much.
I have to admit too, I have been feeling worried and guilty about the big change of Jack going from being an only child to a big brother! It is hard to even imagine. But I have to remind myself that I'm giving him something far more special than anything I could be taking away. Getting a sibling is just about the best gift in the world I could ever give to him, I know I feel that way about my siblings. I have been a little fixated on the big change of it all. I also think it is hard to comprehend having another baby, I feel like my heart is so full already...how can there be room for more? But I know that my heart will just be a'growin'! I don't think I will quite understand it all until I get there.




2 comments:
I totally understand your worries, but I have no doubt in my mind that Jackson will be the best big brother. Yes, there will be a few squabbles, you know sibling "love?" There will be adjusting going on all around, but it's like you said, you wont be able to imagine life without the new baby. I think your spot on. Cute pics!
Oh boy--I know Jackson will already be the best big brother. He will be such an example and just be so much fun. Plus--he will be such a good helper to you guys! I love what you said about how you can't even imagine life without the new baby! It is so true! :) I can't wait to meet this little guy! :)
Post a Comment